This soup can be entirely pureed or partly pureed with chunky vegetables. The paprika is the key ingredient to its amazing flavor. This is a recipe that I originally found in Vegetarian Times and have since modified it to fit my kitchen and my taste.
- 1 head garlic
- 3 lbs of tomatoes, chopped
- 2 large bell peppers, cut into ½-inch chunks
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into ½-inch chunks
- 1 head brocolii, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 Tbsp balsamic or red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Rub papery skin off garlic, and cut off top of head to expose garlic gloves. Place on square foil, drizzle with 1 Tbsp water, and wrap the foil.
- Toss vegetables with oil, salt, pepper and plenty of paprika in large bowl. Spread vegetables (including the wrapped garlic) on 2 baking sheets and roast 35-45 minutes, or until vegetables are browned and tender, stirring once. Cool 10 minutes.
Squeeze roasted garlic cloves into a blender, add ½ of roasted vegetables and 1 cup water. Blend until smooth, then transfer to large bowl or saucepan with the rest of the vegetables. Warm and add vinegar.